Whenever an update is released, data-miners are always able to find future content for Fortnite. While this information is usually correct, sometimes Epic Games does change things up last-minute. So take whatever is data-mined with a grain of salt.
For Week 3, Epic Games is toning down the challenge difficulty levels, though there are still a couple of tough ones.
Here are the Season 9 Week challenges and how to complete them.
Week 3 challenges
- Land a trick with a Driftboard (Stage 1/3) / Get 3s of airtime in a Quadcrasher (2/3) / Destroy opponent structures with a vehicle (3/3) – 5 Battle Stars
- Search chests at Lonely Lodge or Polar Peak (0/7) – 5 Battle Stars
- Deal damage to an opponent within 10s after using a Slipstream – 10 Battle Stars
Battle Pass challenges
- Visit Happy Hamlet and Shifty Shafts in a single match (Stage 1/3) / Visit Sunny Steps and Dusty Divot in a single match (2/3) / Visit Haunted Hills and Salty Springs in a single match (3/3) – 5 Battle Stars
- Throw the Flying Disc toy and catch it before it lands (0/1) – 5 Battle Stars
- Explosive weapon eliminations (0/3) – 10 Battle Stars
- Deal damage with different weapons in a single match (0/5) – 10 Battle Stars
The Week 3 challenges are more monotonous than anything. While a couple will take some luck, most can be done with time.
Getting explosive weapon eliminations will most likely be the most trivial. Finding an explosive is tough enough, but eliminating three enemies can be extremely hard. One of the only viable strategies is to weaken an opponent first and then finish them off with a grenade or Boom Bow shot. Another strategy is to get high ground on an enemy, shoot down their wall with a rifle, then blast an RPG shot.
Aside from the explosive eliminations, the next toughest challenge is dealing damage to an opponent with five different weapons. Finding five different weapons will take some luck from chests or eliminating enemies. The key to this challenge will be balancing your weapons with other items like shields or throwables.
These challenges go live on Thursday, May 23 at 10 a.m. ET. We will update this article if any challenges are tweaked or replaced.
That’s it for the Fortnite Season 9 Week challenges! Make sure to check back tomorrow for different Week 3 challenge guides!